Big Cat Flap
Measurements and Dimensions:
The Flap Opening: 7.12W x 7.5H inches.
Outer Frame Size: 11.25W x 11.25H inches.
Cut-Out Size: 10.25 inches diameter circle.
1. This door is for any cats and dogs weighing up to 25 pounds.
2. Slim and sleek style.
3. Durable plastic frame with pile weather stripping. PetSafe plastic pet door is free from corrosion!
4. The door flap is almost transparent.
5. The magnetic closure around the flap works smoothly.
6. You can adjust the door to the interior and exterior doors. Even a window installation is also possible.
7. Quite easy to follow and step by step mounting process.
8. The door includes a 4-way locking mechanism. Choose from the options: Open, Locked, In only and Out only.
9. Dual knob style locks with added strength.
10. An economical cat door for any household.
What’s Inside the Box? Let me See!:
1. The Installation Guide.
2. PetSafe Big Cat Door Cutting Template. (Really handy!)
3. The Interior Frame part (with flap and 4-way lock).
4. The Exterior Frame.
5. The Tunnel Support.
6. Assorted Screws, Screw Guides, Binder Posts, and Finishing Plugs.
7. One long and short plastic core cover.
The Possible Tools before you Start the Installation:
PetSafe 4-Way Locking Cat Flap installation can be tricky if you don’t pay attention to it! We suggest you jot down the following tools beforehand. It’s imperative unless you don’t want to do the aimless run during the installation process:
1. A Tape Measure.
2. A Level.
3. One Hacksaw.
5. Slotted and Phillips Screwdrivers.
6. A Jigsaw.
7. Drill Machine.
8. A 13mm Drill Bit.
9. Masking tape or painter’s tape.
10. Scissors and a pencil.
11. Duck tape and caulk (optional).
If you need to install the door on a thick wall, you should also purchase the Wall Tunnel Extension Kit (sold separately). Simply put, the PetSafe cat door installation isn’t a grueling task at all.
Need Professional Installation Help?:
It may not require the plastic core covers and the tunnel support if you are looking to mount the door in thinner or thicker applications. At the same time, a few additional skill sets, tools, and materials (e.g., wood framing and hardware) are what you need. Sometimes, it’s not possible to cut down a hole in tempered and double pane glass. For that, you’ve to consult with a qualified glazier or glass manufacturer before installing the cat door in any glass door and window.
For the PetSafe Big Cat Door installation, you might prefer a professional hand. For that, you can resort to “Invisible Fence” – a renowned Installer company. Therefore, feel free to contact the Customer Care at 1-877-866-DOGS (3647) or kindly visit the website at (www.invisiblefence.com) for further information.
What About the Product Warranty?:
That’s where PetSafe shines the most! They have a foolproof product warranty and customer service. Yah sure, others may claim the same, but only a few like PetSafe can come up with dependable customer service. To get the most out of the PetSafe products you should avail the opportunity of the 1-year warranty. The only caveat is, you’ve to register your cat flap online (www.petsafe.net) within 30 days after the purchase. The Model Number is PPA00-11326. And the Related Parts Number: 610-1748, HPA11-10888.
For Replacement Parts and Accessories:
PetSafe products are mostly modular by design. If you find that you need any of the modules or parts are not working, you can replace them. You don’t’ have to end up buying a brand new pet door.
In case you need parts of the door to replace (e.g., PetSafe big cat door replacement flap) and for other accessories, visit www.petsafe.net. On the other hand, for the prompt response you can contact the Customer Care Center at 1-866-738-4379 (Mon. – Fri. 8 am to 8 pm and Sat. 9 am to 5 pm ET). For Hardware, Finishing Plugs and Weather Stripping Kit – use the serial number MPA00-13803.
A Few Cons:
1. Infants and small children can pass through the door. You’ve to maintain a constant vigilance with little kids.
2. If you’re looking for a cat flap for both large dogs and cats, then this one isn’t the right candidate. Small breed dogs can use alongside large felines.
3. It’s a manual dog door although you can have control over the access via the 4-way cat door locking mechanism.
4. It’s not precisely a soundproof cat door.
What your cat has to say about the door?:
Cats are usually prone to rattle with new things. At one point in time, we all the pet owners have to go through the same experience! Be patient and wait until your kitty gets accustomed with the cat flap.
Lift the flap or tape open it and then try to talk and lure the cat through the cat door. After the kitty has gone through a few more times, now is the time to let the flap to touch the cat’s back! Keep iterating the process a while until your cat gains confidence on its own.
It’s probably better if you don’t use the 4-way lock system in this extra large cat door for the next few days. Once the cat is using the door without getting confused, you can sit back and relax. The hard work of yours – getting paid!
Helpful Tip: You should try treats or toys to encourage the cat during the training session. It helps your cat to stay focused during the drill.
The Final Verdict:
Lots of pet doors and cat flaps out there! What is it that makes the PetSafe Big Cat Cat Flap unique? I’m glad you asked! First of all, it’s not an overly priced cat flap for the door. And yet, it can accommodate all the large breeds of cats. Any small to medium size dog breeds are also ready to use the door as well. Besides the 4-way locking system gives you the freedom to control the door access. And most of all, it’s a PetSafe product with bulletproof warranty support! If you want a pet door for large cats without unnecessary razzmatazz, then this is the door you need.
That’s it, folks! The PetSafe Big Cat Cat Flap review ends here.